Table of contents for NextGEN Gallery Review
- NextGEN Gallery Review – Introduction
- NextGEN Gallery Review – Installation
- NextGEN Gallery Review – Configuration
- NextGEN Gallery Review – Image Management
- NextGEN Gallery Review – Displaying Images
- NextGEN Gallery Review – Displaying Images – Singlepic
- NextGEN Gallery Review – Displaying Images – Gallery
- NextGEN Gallery Review – Displaying Images – ImageBrowser
- NextGEN Gallery Review – Displaying Images – Album
Galleries can be organized into albums to present multiple groups of images to your visitors.
id= the ID of the album (e.g. 1).
compact) = options for how tod display the gallery; extend displays each gallery in the album on its own row with its description; compact displays multiple galleries per row without descriptions. This parameter is optional.
album shortcode displays the galleries in an album on the page. Galleries appear in the order in which they are placed on the album admin page. There are two album views available. In both views the image selected for the gallery on the gallery’s admin page is displayed. If none is selected, no image is displayed.
In the extended view (mode =
extend), galleries are displayed on separate rows. Each row consists of the title listed above, the gallery image selected on the admin page for the gallery, the description of the gallery specified on the admin page for the gallery, and the number of photos in the gallery.
In the compact view (mode =
compact), multiple galleries are displayed on each row in the style of Flickr. Each row consists of as many galleries as will fit. Each gallery is displayed as a column with the gallery image on top, the gallery title in the middle, and the count of photos below that.
Displaying Contents of a Gallery
To display the contents of a gallery, simply click on the gallery title or on the gallery image. If the Deactivate gallery page link option on the Gallery options page is checked, the contents of the gallery will be displayed on the same page.
If the option is unchecked, make sure you have selected a page that displays the gallery (i.e. specifies the gallery shortcode with the ID of the gallery) or the page will simply refresh.
Wishlist / Caveats
- It would be nice to have a default image displayed if no image is specified on the gallery’s admin page.
- If the gallery is not associated with a page and the Deactivate gallery page link option on the Gallery options page is unchecked, the page refreshes and the contents of the gallery is not displayed. It would be preferable to behave as if the checkbox is actually checked.
- It would be nice if gallery parameters could be specified to albums. You’ll notice on this page that when you click on the gallery in one album that both are expanded.
- It would be nice if the number of galleries displayed horizontally could be specified when using compact mode rather than just relying on HTML formatting.
All images © 2008 Bethany Potter. All rights reserved.