Sometimes I talk to people who don’t think it is all that important to go to church. My devotional had a funny comparison with washing hands.
Ten Reasons Why I Never Wash
- I was forced to wash as a child.
- People who wash are all hypocrites; they think they are cleaner than everyone else.
- There are so many different kinds of soap; I just can’t decide which one is best for me.
- I used to wash, but I got bored and stopped doing it.
- I only wash on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.
- None of my friends wash.
- I’ll start washing when I get older and dirtier.
- I don’t have time to wash.
- The bathroom is never warm enough in winter or cool enough in summer.
- The people who make soap are only after your money!
Ew! Kind of makes you think, eh? My favorite verses in the Bible are Hebrews 10:24,25:
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Something to think about.